You guys, I have failed SO MANY TIMES in my fitness journey. From having an eating disorder in high school, to back-to-back pregnancies in my late twenties, my body has been through some rough times. Through it all, I’m still here. If you’re anything like me and find it hard to have confidence when it comes to working out, let me just tell you a few things:
- You’re not too late. You’re right on time.
- You’re not too weak, or too out-of-shape, or anything else you’ve told yourself.
- You’re not alone. I promise.
- You’re doing this because you love yourself and you are worthy of that love.
Towards the end of this past January, I committed to exercising at least 4-5 times a week. It’s been almost ten weeks, and I’ve stuck to my commitment, plus completely revamped how I snack through out the day. My meals are basically the same with smaller portions and in the words of Erika Jayne Giraldi, “I always eat dessert because it makes me happy.”
Here are my 5 go-to snacks that have helped me lose almost 20 pounds (and counting):
- Organic beef jerky – Be conscious of a serving size.
- Roasted Chickpeas – An awesome substitute if you like to snack on something crunchy like potato chips.
- Bananas + Sugar-Free Almond Butter
- Low Cholesterol Cheese and Cracker Thins – I can only find low cholesterol cheese at a few places (one being Target) but it’s so worth it for the lower calorie and cholesterol properties.
- Fruit, Yogurt, and Dark Chocolate chips – This helps curve my sweet tooth. Stick to berries, fat free Greek yogurt, and a serving size or less of dark chocolate.
I also got the chance to pair with Reebok & their new collaboration with Gigi Hadid. Her fun collection unites 90’s nostalgia with current trends. I’m obsessed with the style, colors, and comfort!