1. Every mama, including this one, will tell you how important it is to lotion every part of your stretching body. I swear by the Vaseline Cocoa Body Gel. It’s SO moisturizing and soothing, and I definitely think it helped me not develop any intense stretch marks.
2. My nausea kept me FAR away from any perfume. In fact, the only time I didn’t mind fragrance was in the shower and towards the end of my pregnancy, the shower was one of the only places I felt completely relaxed. First of all, the Soap & Glory Body Polish smells AMAZING – the brown sugar and peach seed will make your entire bathroom smell like a Yankee Candle. Second of all, your body and skin go through so many weird changes during pregnancy that exfoliating (especially towards the end) is extremely soothing and euphoric.
3. My very first personalized purchase associated with baby Bailey was this gold bar necklace stamped with a ‘G’. For how affordable it is, it’s definitely been worn countless times and I still get many compliments.
4. The Spanx Power Mama shorts won’t slim you but it will give you great support. I bought these for my baby shower but wore them under just about everything whenever I had to stand for a long period of time.
Besides those four favorites, I’d recommend:
- Investing in a dehumidifier before baby – for mama’s rest.
- Downloading the ‘Sleep Pillow’ app from the Apple App Store and using it for mama and baby. Trust me – a portable noise machine will be a life saver.
- Ginger Ale and Saltines help with nausea but personally, my appetite saver was peanut butter crackers – specifically the orange ones that come in a pack of six that you usually see in a vending machine.
- I definitely overpacked for the hospital but the one thing I’m SO glad I had was breast cream – I used Medela Tender Care Lanolin.