1. NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita | 2. MAC Lipstick in Crème Cup | 3. REVLON Colorstay Overtime Lip Color in Everlasting Rum | 4. Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color in Nude Beige | 5. Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Exposed
1. Don’t let the picture full you – NARS’ lipstick in Dolce Vita is a beautiful dusty rose color that romantically compliments brides’ of many different skin tones. It’s also perfect for anyone looking for a subtle bold lipstick for a night out, boudoir shoot, or for fun!
2. Creme cup is a beautiful powder pink for the brides who want to feel like the perfect princess on their big day. It’s far from Nikki Minaj pink but not completely sheer either.
3. For my brides purchasing your own makeup and even possibly applying it yourself – you’ll feel (and look) like you’re wearing professional makeup with Revlon’s Colorstay Lip Color. This guy wears lovely and the convenient double applicator makes it awesome for touch ups. Everlasting Rum is a beautiful reddish brown the compliments both a natural and bold bride. BTW – the Colorstay’s are under 10 bucks and come in LOTS of different colors! Ulta always has awesome deals on these guys from half off to buy one get one – I adore them!
4. For any brides who are scared to add color to their lips but need SOMETHING to complete their look – Bobbi Brown’s sheer lip color in nude beige is perfect! I had a bride who was very worried with looking unnatural but wanted to look and feel beautiful, she wanted to look glamorous but didn’t wear any makeup on a day to day basis, and she wanted something that wouldn’t transfer onto her groom after their first kiss – THIS is what we went with. There is something out there for everyone and every bride deserves to look and feel her best. 🙂
5. I LOVE Tarte and I love ALL of their LipSurgence line! Gloss or matte finish is a huge decision on your wedding day. This guy is for the bride who HATES glossy finishes but is terrified of their lips drying out. (Also, for any brides looking for a cruelty free and vegan option.) Start with an awesome moisturizer (SUGAR by Fresh is my favorite), let it settle while you apply your entire face, and then when you’re absolutely ready – apply this guy and fall in LOVE. Unlike other matte colors – don’t be afraid to reapply and touch up however many times you need to! And you’ll definitely want to – this nude color is gorgeous.
A lot of brides prefer a less pigmented option so, I’ve also included my top three favorite wedding day glosses!
NARS Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita – If you’re in ‘like’ with the Dolce Vita lip stick but scared of wearing a lip stick on your big day – try the same beautiful shade in a lip gloss. A lot of the NARS’ lip gloss’ make awesome wedding day lip colors – Stolen Kisses and Supervixen are two of my favorites for brides with darker complexions.
Buxom Full On Lip Polish in Sandy – Because Buxom’s glosses are known for their plumping effect and tingling, minty feeling – this is a gloss that you either absolutely love or completely hate. This color looks a little orange above but it’s much more of a nude in person. I keep this guy in my purse and top off just about every nude lipstick I own with it. For a bride looking for a little ‘umph’ this guy is an awesome addition to your wedding day prep but stands alone for the perfect plumping subtle nude tint.
Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Gloss Lip Lacquer in 314 Moonglow – The perfect soft pink for a bride who wants a feminine pink lip that’s not too bold. Also, an Allure Best of Beauty Winner for 2015!